Translate

Director's Shooting Comment

SIMILAN ISLANDS
This is Similan Islands where Toby Damson drown while searching for a heart shaped coral rock for someone he loves all his life in Scene 4 of MUSIC BOX.

Director Rorne Tan's View
I was at Similan Islands twice. This is one of the greatest Islands I had ever seen and it's reputed to be Thailand's No.1 Island. When you are there you will feel like you are in another planet where the ocean sea is so clear. The rocks on the island are so smooth and unique.
At one moment, when I was snorkeling, I found my mind so clear and I began to understand the character that I had created in my mind, Toby Damson. How he felt in his heart and the pain that he had suffered in silence for 10 years. The pain of having lost someone for so long and the tears that never seem to dry in his eyes each time he remembers his ex-wife. Like the way he was relaxing in the water near the beach searching on the sand and on every reef and rock just to find one unique coral rock that he had been longing all his life. Part of his mind was hoping that his mission would not be accomplished for fear that he would have nothing else or more to do for her if he were to find that unique coral rock.
As I floated myself near the beach with its crystal clear water, I happened to glance at the blue sky touching the horizon of the faraway ocean and felt a sense of tranquility in my mind clashing with a terrible feeling of sadness that was striking my heart. This incredible feeling happened when I felt what and how Toby Damson would have felt as if he was there and I was not.

In Toby's eyes.........at Similan Islands.


In Toby's thoughts while he was looking at the crystal clear water...
"God! I can still see her in my heart. I can still see her here. Pretending that she is here with me. Smiling and holding me. What have I done? We should have been here together. Just need to find that coral rock. Just got to try again. Got to try again for her. Though it might not mean anything for her now but it means a lot to me. Finding that coral rock is like having her again in my heart. God! Please help me find a heart shaped coral rock in this island today!"